What is the Youth Endowment Fund?
The Youth Endowment Fund is a bold attempt to put early intervention at the heart of efforts to tackle youth offending and to positively impact the lives of children and young people across England and Wales.
What the Youth Endowment Fund will do
The Youth Endowment Fund aims to prevent children and young people from getting caught up in crime and violence by making sure that those most at risk get the best possible support, as early as possible, to get on a positive path and succeed.
The Youth Endowment Fund will do this by:
- Finding, supporting and evaluating programmes working with young people most at risk of involvement in crime and violence — providing funding, capacity building and evaluation support
- Generating and promoting new knowledge and practice to transform local and national responses to tackling youth offending, and supporting the best evidenced programmes to have an even greater impact
- Developing an approach to working with local communities to prevent youth offending — driving long term, sustainable change in those communities
How the Youth Endowment Fund came about
In October 2018, the UK government announced the creation of the Youth Endowment Fund. This will provide a 10 year investment to support programmes steering young people away from becoming drawn into youth offending.
Who is running the Youth Endowment Fund?
The Youth Endowment Fund will be run by Impetus, in partnership with the Early Intervention Foundation and Social Investment Business. Our partnership combines Impetus’ expertise in building effective charities and programmes for disadvantaged children, Early Intervention Foundation’s knowledge of early intervention to improve outcomes, and Social Investment Business’ experience of managing and evaluating large scale grant programmes, to create a bold new model to reduce youth offending in the long term.
Youth Endowment Fund vacancies:
- To £31,000, including market supplement
- Full-time, permanent
- London (at Early Intervention Foundation)
- Deadline: 10:00 Monday 10 June
- Interviews: Weeks commencing 10 and 17 June
- How to apply: Download the job description and application form. Send your completed application form to email@example.com
Press enquiries should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3474 1032 / 07718 976 065.
Follow @YouthEndowFund on Twitter.
The Youth Endowment Fund website is coming soon: www.youthendowmentfund.org.uk